Friday, January 31, 2014

Becoming a Reader

I placed a feeler question on Google + to get some ideas about my topic:


I think that reading creates wonder (obviously because we are in a class all about it)
and I also think that there are specifics that keep us coming back
ultimately turning us from a  non reader to a reader

I have looked through a lot of teaching blogs that just say 
"Get them to read"
I took this to mean you just have to read a book and then you will be hooked

which I disagree with

I think it take something specific to create that connect that will make you want to read another book

I think of the "bandwagon books"
ie Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Fifty Shades

These books that are getting non readers reading. 
There has to be some awe there

but what is it?

There are articles for writers that list again and again

and it seems that readers can easily lose wonder and awe in reading 

or maybe it really just is the bandwagon 

but I dont think that is necessarily it

I found an interesting article on the psychological effect of reading a good book
it stays with you!

so there has to be something there that is creating this feeling!  

I feel like I am getting off the path of awe though
and more just on reading 

can we just define the good feel after you read something as awe?
am I relying to heavily on the assumption that awe is created by reading in general?

why do I always get to this point of feeling so confused in a direction i want to go with research> 

No comments:

Post a Comment