Monday, April 7, 2014

Cycles of Awe - Paper and Project Final Updates

Final Paper Update: Here's my draft of my paper. Any comments and feedback would be brilliant. I don't know what my limit is exactly because the 100 Dubliners conference does not have any information about length, and the Journal for Children's Literature typically has submissions around ten pages long.

Next Steps for Paper:
  1. Working on finalizing my thesis to a strong, coherent statement (which in turn will greatly help solidifying my currently sappy conclusion)
  2. Editing and revising transitions between paragraphs
  3. Editing and revising in general to fit the paragraphs together cohesively (especially the cycle of awe paragraph, intro and conclusion)
  4. Filling out and developing my Dubliners and Psychoanalysis sections. Definitely. But I think with what I have so far, it would be great to get feedback on the following question before I finalize my paper and ideas.
  5. Main questions
    • Does it make sense?
    • Is there enough research to support conclusions?
      • Is there too much babble about Romantic ideas in between thesis driven paragraphs?
    • Do I need more evidence from the text?
    • What points are weak?
    • Is it too much theory and not enough concrete evidence?
    • Do I keep the hero's journey idea? If I do, I need to integrate the ideas in the paragraphs more or create another section to talk about that specifically. Which would be better?
    • Do I need to keep the psychology aspects? Should I add more to the psychology?
Final Project Update: I have my three poems completed. With comments on the blog post and outside of class from peers, it seems like I need something to unify the poems together with my paper to make a stronger connection between the two. I'm working on a fourth poem now, like an introductory poem that explains how the poems fit together as well as how they connect to my research in my final paper. When I finish that tomorrow, I will put the completed four poems together and share them on Google+, my personal blog, and twitter too. Using appropriate hashtags and taking advantage of the following I have in these places, hopefully it will generate some more interest and comments on my poems and paper. I will upload the poems and make them look nice, but also use links back to my paper draft and final paper too. It may be useful to find avenues that have poems published in online communities. Any suggestions would be welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment