Sunday, April 6, 2014

Reading + Awe Finished Draft! Finally!

I have "finished"!!!!!

I can't tell you my relief right now. Even though all last night while I was working on it how much I feel like my paper is flawed and horrible.

I think I should have picked a different topic from the beginning. Maybe something more focused and grounded on specific literature.

I think that it would have been helpful if most of our study would have been focused in literature and how awe was evoked in literature rather than definitions of awe. That would have given the right focus for our papers and made it easier.

Yes.

Here is my target audience:

English Journal Columns: Continuous Becoming: Moving toward Mastery 
Editors: Victoria P. Hankey and Dawn L. Ryan
Mastery in teaching is not a destination; it is a principle that guides professionals toward continuous improvement. Good teaching is never static. In this dynamic profession, educators are responsible for meeting the needs of students whose futures are yet to be defined. The best teachers never stop being students themselves, and each teacher’s professional journey is unique. The common thread is the guidance we can offer one another.
        Learning to teach well begins with the desire to make a difference for students. That desire often gets lost in the realities of classroom life. There is no roadmap to mastery.
        This column invites novices, veterans, and everyone in between to share significant experiences that have enhanced their craft. What has made you a better teacher? How do you stay invested? How do you project professionalism in this era of high scrutiny? What professional options exist for growth, leadership, and advancement in education? How do you cultivate relationships to obtain the support you need?
        The goal is to offer suggestions, ideas, and experiences to help teachers discover their own roadmaps toward mastery.
        Please send submissions of 1,200–2,000 words to Victoria.Hankey@bvsd.org. Inquiries and suggestions for future columns are also welcome.
While I know my paper is way far from perfect and really quite horrible in my mind.
I am glad that I figured it out and found and end for it
Because there for a while I was just not going to finish it

Here it is! 

I also have the intentions that it will be edited and revised over the next week too. So that should help!

No comments:

Post a Comment