Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wordsworth and Awe Full Draft/ Full Creative Project/ Paper Audience Update


Here’s a full draft of my final paper. I’m unsatisfied, but there’s still a week to revise and 100 words of fudge room before the 2750-word conference cap.

Here’s a link to the dance portion. The audio isn't working this morning, but it was last night. I'll fix that. I still need to sit down and express at least a few of the million ways the dance and the paper relate. I’ll start by putting in a little video description.

Here’s an audience update:

  • I’m submitting my paper to the Wordsworth Conference Foundation’s 43rd Wordsworth Summer Conference, 2014. The call for papers is at the bottom of the Summer Conference link.
  • My topic is appropriate for the venue because my paper is about Wordsworth, his Romantic conventions, two of his poems in particular, and how awesome he is. I’d like to think that my analysis of a shift in Wordsworth’s poetry from his early to his later work is somewhat fresh.
  • The conference calls for proposals of 250 words for papers of no more than 2750 words.
  • The documentation style is not noted. In fact, not much is noted on the website beyond what I’ve already covered in this brief post. So I did some digging, and found a blog from one of the conference’s past attendees. She linked to Amazon, where I found a useful preview of published papers read at the conference. It looks like formatting is flexible. If I am accepted and do fly to England to read at the conference, I could format my references as links to footnotes when I’m published in their eBook.

#Wordsworth #Awe #Pragmatism #InterpretiveDance #senioritis

No comments:

Post a Comment