Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Social Proof on Reading

So I met with Sirpa yesterday to discuss my paper.

I think it went well.
If anything, she gave me my "Sirpa fix" and reassured my that all was well with the world and I would survive haha

She helped me clarify what that I am looking at with the specific connection of reading beauty and the specific feeling of deep thought and being carried away.
She also told me that I should look into Schopenhauer because he lines up with what I am looking at
Then she gave me two books:
Anna Quindlen: How Reading Changed My Life
Nancy M Malone: Walking a Literary Labyrinth 
And then she showed me a bunch of other cool books that would be interesting if I were looking for long related reads or had more time.

I also got in touch with Dr Coombs about discussing my paper with her
Her class and a discussion we had is actually the one that inspired this paper
I may meet with her next week... we will see

GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment