Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Story on Discovering Awe in Reading

Now that I have what I am going to call a final draft of my paper, let me tell you about the journey.

The idea originally started when a discussion was brought up in my reading class about becoming a reader and all of the surrounding discussion. 

That sparked this post in which I explore what I thought the connection between reading and wonder may be 

Around this time, I read Louise Rosenblatt's work on  which kept me thinking in this direction and gave me more foundation things to draw on  

Finally I started tying all of my ideas together in my notecard assignment 

Interestingly, I have my own personal experience in there which I eventually come back to as a vital part of the direction I went 

Around this time, I also curated a list of ways people can get back into reading. This is also interesting because the focus of this list happened to be a major focus of my paper as well 

There for a while I was really lost with what direction to take

I think my clarification came when I started getting input for my creative project 
Most people didnt have much to say and I realized that a lot of people didn't see what I was thinking 
I knew I needed to some how tie it back in 

I then found my idea for a venue and that completely adjusted and aligned my thinking. It also helped guide me to a different tone that I took for my paper as I modeled it off of the journal. 

I had seen the connection to awe and need to explain that, why it was important, and how I got there 

And that puts us at my final paper!

Overall I am happy with where I ended. I think it was a good transformation process and experience across the semester. 
I was really pleased with how I could connect the two things I was learning in the two realms of my major with teaching and English into one 
I also felt like I was able to put a lot of what I have learned and studied for the last four years to use even if it didn't end up in the final paper. 

I feel like my paper at least would be better if we had chance for a big revision process. Like if we had one more month.

I am also happy that I found a direction with my paper whether it would go to the English Journal or Utah's version. I think that my paper would still take some editing down before it would be ran in either journal, but right now I think it is a good hybrid. 

over all I am happy that I ended up with what I did because I was worried I was not even going to have a paper for a moment!

GO TEAM!    

No comments:

Post a Comment